Re: exim mail routing...

> > > Can I get a quick-hint how to do this with exim, which I now seem to have
> > > as my new mail program.
> > >
> >RTFM! ;-)
> >look at this 800 kb file and search for smarthost. there is a complete
> >config example.
>
> -- Ahem, ...
>
> in the "FM" there is no string "smarthost".   :-)

the FM is not only the man page - at least i think so.
as somebody said before, there are several standard places to look for
documentation ...
you can always find them with "dpkg -L <package>" - if you know dpkg.

> Also none in info, but a zgrep shows something in /usr/doc/exim/...

that's right. that's "the 800 kb file" (althrough zipped it is only 240 kb
...).

> This was an automatic setup option with sendmail!

i'm not sure, as i configured it by hand, but i have the impression, that
the exim postinstall script offered a smarthost config to me.

If Windows is the answer, I want the problems back!