From: Andrew P. Cherepenko [mailto:A.P.Cherepenko@inp.nsk.su]
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2000 12:49 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Q: boards for Video Capture in Linux

 I would like to get image 2-3 times per second at least,
(the more the better) and with tv quality at least.
 I have video camera with Composite Video Out

 What are boards to cope with this task and be supported in Linux ?

By the way. Does is the same Video capture board and Frame Grabber ?

 I suppose, there are two ways to do this work.
1 Capture board with
Brooktree Bt848/848A/849/878/879 video chip
But it seems these boards are out of date now.

2 Video adapter with video input ?
for example, i heard that
 ATI All-In-Wonder 128 SECAM 16MB TV In-Out
has a one of BT video chips.
But this way arouses my suspicion about confilcts
with XFree86.
 Or maybe this question could be addressed to XFree86 ?

I'd really appreciate any advice.

 Andrew