Re: fetchmail smtp connect failed

Joseph de los Santos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have read in the documentation that if smtp failed connect during
> fetchmail -v means that fetchmail can't connect to my localhost. it was
> advised that I try to check if I can telnet to port 25 on my

I just ran into this myself and realized after some thought that I had
configured exim **after** its installation (i.e. not during the apt-get
"routine").  Exim had not been started, so fetchmail failed.  It took a
reboot later to discover that I needed to run

update-rc.d exim defaults

to make it stay that way...  ;-)

Perhaps your MTA is in the same boat??

HTH,