Re: potato boot floppies and FTP/HTTP install

    S> I recently tried using Corel Linux and Caldera on this one spare
    S> system I have at work just because I had received free copies of those
    S> CDs. After trying to get used to these "other" distributions I decided
    S> enough was enough and just had to go back to good old Debian.

 8-{)>>

    S> I'd like to do a ftp/http install of potato on this system since we have
    S> a fast connection at work. How many boot floppies are required to do
    S> this kind of ftp/http install ?

 There are several `flavors' of i386 boot floppy sets.  You might want
 to try the `compact' or `idepci' version (see the README in the ftp
 archive).  With `compact', often the NIC driver for your card will be
 built into the kernel, and you'll be able to "netfetch" both the
 drivers and the base system.  Both `compact' and `idepci' are a 3
 disk set - rescue, root, and drivers.  The vanilla kernel is still a
 5 disk set.

 http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386

--
Those who do not study Lisp are doomed to reimplement it - Poorly.
A few months in the laboratory often saves several hours at the library.

mailto:karlheg@debian.org (Karl M. Hegbloom)