diald inactivity timer...

I have been successful in creating a /etc/diald/diald.options file that allows diald to connect on demand to my ISP via PPP. However, the default inactivity timer seems to be set to 30 seconds. In other words, if 30 contiguous seconds of inactivity go by, diald shuts down the link. This is a pain if I'm web-browsing and I decide to pause at a page for more than 30 seconds - the link gose down, and then I have to wait a long time for the link to come back up once I decide to move on.

Simply put, what I want diald to do is keep the link up for at least 10 minutes after packet activity on the links stops.

From reading the diald man page, I think the following in my diald.options
file may come close to doing what I want:

	impulse 600, 30

I've tried it, and it does keep the link up longer, but I haven't exhaustively tested it to see if it really behaves the way I want. Anyone have any experience with this?