UPS wars: APC vs Tripplite?

>Hello,
>
>I've been thinking about getting a new UPS.
Previously >I purchased APC
>products, but I want to hear about other experiences.
>I've pretty much
>narrowed it down to a product from APC or Tripplite.
>APC is more
>expensive, less Linux/UNIX friendly, but makes good
>products (IMHO).
>Tripplite is less expensive, more Linux/UNIX
friendly, >but I'm not sure
>how the quality of their product compares to APC.
>
>Does anyone know of some sort of comparison between
>these two companies
>products? I'm interested in features/quality more
then >price.
APC IS linux friendly!
There are at least TWO debian packages that work with
APC ups units.  Also you can download a (binary only)
package from apc that works under linux/x11.  That one
comes in an .RPM and tarball.

I have used apc units for some time.  The BACK-UPS
product line is not very expensive and works well.
You can hot swap the batteries via a trapdoor in the
bottom of the unit.  The 300va unit is $89 at office
depot, the 500va is $129, the 650va is $199.  They put
out a stepped sine wave which is nicer on your ps than
the square wave that the trip-lite units put out.
(You get what you pay for).

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze