Re: Will KDE2 be in woody?

* Mike Cook

| I read that the beta relaese og kde2 was released the other day, so
| I typed apt-get install kdebase to see if there were debian packages for
| it. Here's the message I got:
|
| Reading Package Lists... Done
| Building Dependency Tree... Done
| Note, selecting kdebase-cvs instead of kdebase
| Package kdebase-cvs has no available version, but exists in the
| database.
| This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
| never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
|
| of sources.list
| E: Package kdebase-cvs has no installation candidate
|
| Does this mean that it is a work in progress? If so when will it be
| available?

it probably means that the package is obsolete; IIRC, there were KDE
.debs before the licensing issues were brought up. (the QT license is
not considered a `free license' by the Debian project, so it cannot be
included in Debian.)

--
"Undefined behaviour is socially irresponsible."

	-- Richard Heathfield, comp.lang.c, 2000-05-12