Re: UPS wars: APC vs Tripplite?

    Hi Ron,

I tried them both. I was happier with Triplite... Tho, it too was returned. I
need to leave my box here, some times for days unattended. I have a huge
set of backup batteries that I run all my radio gear from.. I decided there
had to be a product that would use MY batteries and not some little dinkster
battery that will die in 30 minutes.

So far tho, I haven't found a solution other then using a "modified sinewave"
which can get pretty noisy. For true sine wave, I did find a product for the
"off grid" folks with a fairly fast optional relay.  Tho, they haven't replied
to my tech request.

Best of luck to you.

regards

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Ron Farrer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been thinking about getting a new UPS. Previously I purchased APC
> products, but I want to hear about other experiences. I've pretty much
> narrowed it down to a product from APC or Tripplite. APC is more
> expensive, less Linux/UNIX friendly, but makes good products (IMHO).
> Tripplite is less expensive, more Linux/UNIX friendly, but I'm not sure
> how the quality of their product compares to APC.
>
> Does anyone know of some sort of comparison between these two companies
> products? I'm interested in features/quality more then price.
>

> TIA,
>
> Ron
> --
> Email: <mailto:rbf@farrer.net>
> Home:  <http://www.farrer.net/~rbf/>
>
> Alpha Linux Organization: <http://www.alphalinux.org>
> Bellingham Linux Users Group: <http://www.blug.org>

Jaye:-}

M.J. Inabnit, KE6SLS     e-mail      ke6sls@arrl.net
707-442-6579 h/m                     707-441-7096 p
http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls            ICQ# 12741145
This mail composed with kmail on kde on X on linux warped by debian
    If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid.