Configuration

Hello All,
Im working on getting Samba to run and I came across:

To ensure that the server is run as a daemon whenever the machine is
started, and to ensure that it runs as root so that it can serve multiple
clients, you will need to modify the system startup files. Wherever
appropriate (for example, in /etc/rc), insert the following line,
substituting port number, log file location, configuration file location and
debug level as desired:

/usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -D -l /var/adm/smblogs/log -s
/usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf

Where should I place this new line at? What file do I add to or do I create
a new file. Im confused...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jay