Re: Debian vs Red Hat??? I need info.

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 07:55:16PM -0400, David Z Maze wrote:
> Debian seems to be fairly tweak-friendly; dpkg makes an effort to not
> overwrite users' configuration files without advance notice.  Building
> Debian packages takes a little work, but there are semiautomated tools
> that help a lot.

    This is very developer dependant, howerver.  Some developers think that
their package is from the gods and us mortals must take comes down the pipe.
With that attitude they feel that major changes in the architecture from one
minor release to the next need not have its own warning.  This is a problem
because, as we all saw with ILOVEYOU, oft-repeated warnings are oft-ignored
warnings because they are routine.