Re: Wanted a free library for computational geometry

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 11:36:58AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> On 16-May-2000 Daniele Cruciani wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm going to write some programs of computational geometry, so i
> > need a library (probably a set of libs) for data type and
> > algorithms. AFAIK there are 2 library that could hit my need:
> > LEDA (http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/LEDA/) for data type and CGAL
> > (http://www.cs.ruu.nl/CGAL/) for algorithms.
> > But no one of that are GPLed.
> >
> > I think I can use glib in place of LEDA, but it's not enought for me
> > so i need to link agaist something other.
> > I've no starting point at all for replacement of CGAL.
> >

> > Any suggestion?
> >

> I am assuming that you have searched google.com and freshmeat?  Python has
> numerous math libs, perhaps you could crib some of their work.  Much of their
> math code is actually in C, then wrapped as a python module.

It's not exactly what i need: math library is good for numerical
computation, but there is no routine for geometrical computation such
as convex hull, seraching pair of closest points and so.
GDK library have similar routines but it don't menage flot number, and
implemenatation is far to be optimal.
I need somethink like gmp library but for geometrical routine, or
maybe like gsl.

Really I don't think i can find it on freshmeat or as a python
library, but in a research institute maybe, however i'll have a look,
thank you.

--
Daniele Cruciani <cruciani@cli.di.unipi.it>
Check my GPG sign at ..??..