Re: grep with actual date ?

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 01:41:00PM +0100, Oliver Schoenknecht wrote:

> I am planning to do a daily system check with refused connects by
> placing them in a cron job. So far, so good. But - and that's the
> problem - does anyone know how to tell the "grep"-command to
> filter just the refused connects of today and not all those which are
> two weeks old ? This should happen each day frequently so any
> help would be appreciated very well...

You might want to look into logcheck, it's a shell script and some
helper apps that will help you check all your log files and find the
important stuff, and automatically email them if found. Except that the
default config is more for BSD than Linux i've found it useful.

--
  finger for GPG public key.