Re: Screen Size

On 15-May-2000 Ed Slocomb wrote:
> On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 01:57:54PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
>>
>> On 15-May-2000 Jay Kelly wrote:
>> > Ok Guys,
>> > I got X Finally working mouse and all. But and you knew there had to be a
>> > butt. How can I change the screen size without going back into XF86Config.
>> > am looking at 640x480 and would like 800x600. Will this be possible to
>> > change without going into XF86Config?
>> >

>> no, sorry.  It loads the first resolution listed for the bit depth you run
>> so:
>>

> Er, actually, the answer is "yes."
>
> Ctrl-Alt-keypad-plus to go to next resolution.
> Ctrl-Alt-kepad-minus to go back.

problem i have with this is that X does not resize gracefully.  Changing
resolutions for me means having an X screen not the same size as my physical
screen and other ugliness.  Better to simply fix the config.

My suggested lines for his config do list all three, they simply place his
desired res at the front so it is loaded default.