Re: Screen Size

On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 01:57:54PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> On 15-May-2000 Jay Kelly wrote:
> > Ok Guys,
> > I got X Finally working mouse and all. But and you knew there had to be a
> > butt. How can I change the screen size without going back into XF86Config. I
> > am looking at 640x480 and would like 800x600. Will this be possible to
> > change without going into XF86Config?
> >

> no, sorry.  It loads the first resolution listed for the bit depth you run so:

Er, actually, the answer is "yes."

Ctrl-Alt-keypad-plus to go to next resolution.
Ctrl-Alt-kepad-minus to go back.

You can't change your ColorDepth, though-- no switching from 16-bit color to 8 bit.

> SubSection "Display"
>       Depth        16
>       Modes        "1280x1024"
>       ViewPort     0 0
>
> means load size at 1280x1024 when at bit depth 16.

And it means you can't switch resolutions, because you've only specified one...

For more fun with X multi-keypress functions, check the manpage for XFree86