Re: bash 2.03-6 problem

On 14-May-2000 14:21:26 Ethan Benson wrote:
> but if you really did not modify it...  that makes me
> suspicious..  maybe you should post the contents, perhaps there is
> something bogus that bash just decided to start complaining about
> ;-)

bash: /root/.bashrc: line 37: unexpected EOF while looking for
matching `''
bash: /root/.bashrc: line 63: syntax error: unexpected end of file

The pertinent lines are-

line 37
alias tarx='tar -xvzf $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6'

And line 62 is the final line, no line 63
export QTDIR KDEDIR HISTFILESIZE

I had this problem about three years ago, when I started using Linux,
and it was a problem with bash.  A new package fixed the problem.
However, I only have this problem when I su to root.

thanks

--
Andrew