Re: invisible cursor in X windows

<please only reply to the list, there's no need for two copies...>

On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 10:09:27PM +0200, Vladimir Yelistratov wrote:

[snip... mouse config okay...]

> What is unclutter? A setting in XF86Congig?

It's just a program that hides the cursor.  You'd know if you were using
it.

> I did not make any special setting there.
> Is it possible to run X without window manager?

Not useful to run X without a window manager... Just for testing, but
according to you accounting --- No cursor in xdm --- it doesn't sound
like the window manager is goofing in setting the cursor style.

Well, this is a new one for me.  One thing you might try:
Copy /etc/X11/XF86Config to /etc/X11/XF86Config.bak
Run XF86Setup, when it asks to use your old configuration, say no.
Then if you still don't get a cursor their must be something broken in
the X files you have.
Otherwise, try to reconfigure X and, if it works, try to find out what
might be different between the new XF86Config and the backup copy you
made.

--
¶ One·should·only·use·the·ASCII·character­set·when·compos­

» ing·email·messages.