Re: How do I stop my machine logging on to IP every 5 minutes?

Further to my previous post, I have discovered the cause of the
connections, but do not know how to stop them. I set isdnctrl to give me
a more verbose log and on doing dmesg | xless I could see the following
immediately before every auto connection:

OPEN: 62.136.66.48 -> 192.168.1.10 UDP, port: 513 -> 513

On consulting /etc/sevices I can see that port 513 is used for whod.

OK. Progress, but what is whod and do I need it? I have looked at the
docs and man page, but am none the wiser. I do not have a network - my
machine is standalone apart from an ISDN connection to the Internet
using an internal ISDN card.

Thanks again.

--
Phillip Deackes