How do I stop my machine logging on to IP every 5 minutes?

I have recently changed to an Internet Provider where I do not have to
pay telephone charges on a timed basis, so I decided to initiate dial on
demand on my system since I have an ISDN line.

Everything works very nicely except that my system logs onto the
Internet every 5 minutes or so. I suspect Exim, but am not sure what to
change to stop it. I collect mail manually using Fetchmail and have it
passed on to Exim for distribution using .forward.

Maybe the problem is not Exim.

Any ideas? I am using Potato.

Many thanks.

--