Re: Creating booklets with Latex

On Sat, 29 Apr 2000, Chanop Silpa-Anan <chanop@syseng.anu.edu.au> wrote:

> Once upon a time, I heard Nils-Erik Svangård say
>
> > I've gotten in trouble again, bragging about how good Debian is
> > and that I write all my reports in Latex. Well now I might gone
> > under. I'm supposed to produce a booklet i A6 (folded A5) with
> > students songs.  I have read some docs on the web, it seems I can
> > create a booklet by using either lpr -Cduplex or using a program
> > called psbook. But I havent figured out how to print it on A5
> > paper (A6 booklets).  Does anyone have experiance makeing
> > booklets?
>
> I did sth like this a while ago. What I did was, fist use psresize
> to resize A4->A5, then psnup to fit two A5s into one A4, then psbook
> to split them in booklets, and viola print them.
>
> I guess that you might need psnup to fit two A6s into one A5, then
> psbook and print it

Depending on what you aim to, "resize" may not be the answer because
it will shrink the chars (and is unecessary here).  Rather, create A5
(or A6) documents directly in LaTeX, psbook and psnup them, then
print.  I had to make booklets in a very different context a while
ago.  Maybe the files at

	http://cantorumh.dyndns.org/preprints/index.dir/index2.html

may provide you with some inspiration.

ChriS