Re: no apache HEADER?

w trillich wrote:
> i can get apache (1.3.9) to autoindex a directory, but *NOT*
> with an included HEADER or README file--
<snip>
> when i browse to that listing via http, i do get the directory
> listing (which properly hides HEADER and README) but there's
> no text included above or below the directory: as if HEADER
> and README were both empty (which they aren't).

Just a confirmation, I've been having the same problem on my site.
http://wsmake.org/tools/jsbc/historic/

A similar bug, for windows, was apparantly fixed in Sep 1998:
http://bugs.apache.org/index.cgi/full/2976

I'm still searching around for any recent reports, but haven't
found any yet. (btw, i think this has been broke for a while now,
so I bet there's something out there on it by now)

--
Mike Brownlow