Re: postgresql/pam log entry

w trillich wrote:
  >this shows up on occasion in my syslog:
  >
  >	May  5 12:48:15 server login[20080]: PAM pam_putenv:
  >		delete non-existent entry; . /etc/postgresql/postgresql.env
  >
  >just need a quickie pointer to how i can find out what that means,
  >and if it's important (or if i can stop it).

/etc/postgresql/postgresql.env is run in the shell of the user `postgres'
to set the environment, and can be run by any other user who wants to
use PostgreSQL.

postgresql does not have any pam capability; I don't know what is going on
there.  It seems to be associated with PAM-enabled logins; does the file
/etc/postgresql/postgresql.env actually exist?  Who logged in at the time
of this message?

     "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast,
      unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord,
      forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain
      in the Lord."      I Corinthians 15:58