Re: debian linux installation

> I have an operational system, but some basic tools such as pico are
> not installed or I cannot find them.
pico ist part of pine, pine is non-free. you have to install the
pine-source and compile it by yourself. just enter the source-tree and
type "debian/rules binary"
> Also the program to setup my x environment is missing also.
which one do you mean? there are at least two. xf86config and another
one. the one is in text mode, the other in graphics mode. you have to
install them explicitly.

Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.