[tony.de_furia@cgi.ca: Re: Network KDE Printing and Application Printing]

----- Forwarded message from Tony De Furia <tony.de_furia@cgi.ca> -----

Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 13:32:21 -0400
From: Tony De Furia <tony.de_furia@cgi.ca>
To: John Bagdanoff <bagdanof@home.com>
Subject: Re: Network KDE Printing and Application Printing

Here is my Printcap
------------------------------------

lp|Generic dot-matrix printer entry:\
        :lp=/dev/lp1
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
            :df=/etc/filter.ps:\
            :tf=/etc/filter.pcl:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:\
        :lf=/var/log/lp-errs:\
        :pl#66:\
        :pw#80:\
        :pc#150:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:

Networked LJ5|dj|deskjet:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/remote:\
        :rm=142.182.55.180:\
        :rp=text:\
        :lp=/dev/null:\
        :sh:
How do I tell if I  have Potato or Slink?

I'm trying to print from Netscape & Adobe applications.

The printer is a networked printer HP Laserjet 5SiMX.

It has a jetdirect card and I beleive it has an LP Daemon running
as I am able to print to it using TCP/IP printing in NT 4.0

If you need more info., let me know.

Tony.

the experts (not me :)) here can help you, include more specific