Re: #filename#

On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 03:35:55PM -0400, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> I created a C file with gcc, then I tried to remove it, but what it
> shows is
> #primo.c#      HP            desktop   kernel-2.13  log.002
> AdobeFnt.lst   communicator  game.001  lilo.ps      nsmail
> tony@debian_arc:~$
> My questions:
> 1.What does it mean, #file#?

That's most likely an Emacs/XEmacs auto-save file.  Usually they are
automatically removed when Emacs/XEmacs exits or when the file is
manually saved.  But sometimes they stick around and must be manually
removed.

> 2. How do I remove it?

rm #*# has always done it for me.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"