AdLib ASB 64 4D IDE doesn't work

Hi,

I can't get my soundcard to work.
I've got an i386 with 40 Mhz and 8 MB ram running potato.
The SCSI harddisk, the SCSI cdrom and the floppy drives are connected
to the Adaptec 1542 CF (dma = 5, irq = 11, io = 0x330-0x333).
There is no other controller (so there are no seriel ports and no parallel
ports).
The soundcard is an AdLib ASB 64 4D IDE with the Crystal CS4232-KQ chip set.
It's a plug'n'play card.
Must I use isapnp? To what values must I set dma, irq and io for which
device?
What values are to be speciefied for modprobe when loading cs4232?
modinfo -p cs4232 says that I have to set io, irq, dma, dma2, mpuio, mpuirq,
synthio, synthirq. What value is right, if I don't want to use the mpu401?
I've tried some values: 0x534, 0x220 or 0x388 for io, 5 for irq, 1 for dma,
0 for dma2.
I cat some wav files to /dev/dsp and /dev/audio, but received noise.
I've even tried alsa. alsaconf detects the card as the only plug'n'play card
and then the computer hangs. I've been forced to make an hard reset.

Armin