Re: Privilege to write in W98/95 partition

On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 02:00:02AM -0300, MaRZ Serviços & Sistemas wrote:
> How can I write in vfat/msdos partitions using a normal login (without su or
> root privileges)?
> Do I need configure some special privileges to get it?

Mount the partition with the uuid option.  The specified user will own
all of the files in the vfat partition.  See "man 8 mount".  You need
root privileges to do the mount or edit /etc/fstab to add this option,
but won't need special privileges after that.

--
Michael E. Touloumtzis
Computer Associates International