Problems upgrading CorelLinux to potato

[Please CC me in all replies, as I don't read debian-user]

Hi.

I needed to do a quick install of a linux box today, and I've choosed to install
CorelLinux, with a full install. Then I upgraded it to frozen potato, using
apt, and I've come across some problems[1]:

1) cron package didn't configured sucessfully, as the CorelLinux cron
package refused to be upgraded. This caused all packages depending of the
new cron to be half-installed/half-configured until I fixed it.

2) When I restarted my machine, the mouse (PS/2) refused to work both in X
and in the console. I've reconfigured it with gpm, and it started working in
the console, but not in X[2].

3) After the reboot, the kdm won't let me login, complainig about all the
user/passwords I give. I can logon using the console perfectly though.

So, as anyone seen this? 1 and 2 don't bother me, I've reported them so that
others can see it. 3 OTOH I need to fix. I have a feeling that this is a
problem with some pam modules/rotines and the kdm. Does anybody have an
ideia as to what can I try?

Thanks,
Pedro Guerreiro

[1] I'm not using the system now, so the report is how I remember it.
[2] After I leave, a colleague of mine phoned me reporting that this was
fixed, but I haven't checked.

--
Pedro Guerreiro						 UIN: 48533103
Universidade do Algarve (EST) - Campus da Penha - 8000 Faro - PORTUGAL