Re: lilio.config

On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 11:33:12PM -0700, Elsadig Khanagi wrote:
> Dear, Sir,
> How are you.......I want to manage booting,between Debian linux 2.1r2 &
> win98 , I re-edit /etc/lilo.conf, I add prompt & other=.... but nothing,I
> remove every text iside lilo.conf... nothing, I remove lilo.conf itself also
> nothing . in all cases I got a Debian Login #
> questions:
>      1- If i want to pause screen while booting,What is the key used?
>      2- I use cfdisk,and changing type, one for win98,and other for linux,
> when I boot to use win98 nothing about linux,what logically cfdisk do?
> Elsadig M. H. Khanagi

Be sure that your boot= line in /etc/lilo.conf points to the partition that
is marked bootable in the partition table (in cfdisk under Flags you should
see 'Boot').

Please also post the output of running /sbin/lilo after editing your
/etc/lilo.conf to the way you need (and post your lilo.conf with comments
stripped out).

"Beware he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart
he dreams himself your master."