SIOCSIFFLAGS error

Hello,

I get an
SIOCSIFFLAGS : Device not found
error when I try to boot up.  It happens right after:
Starting....portmap
This happened all of a sudden. It was working fine before. It freezes the entire system. I can't even Ctrl+Alt+Del. I have to manually reboot.

I booted w/ Debian Rescue Disk and the boot went fine but whenever i try to boot from my kernel (2.2.14) I get this error.

I should mention that this happened once before a while ago. I think I just used the Rescue Disk and then next bootup, the error went away. It didn't work this time.

Thanks In Advance