Solved: Re: gpm and x conflicting

On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 12:39:19AM +0200, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > I have gpm and X fighting for a ps2 mouse on my laptop.  I've tried
> > repeating on with X looking at /dev/gpmdata using both PS/2 and MouseSystems
> > protocols and repeating types msc, ms3, raw.  I've also tried having them
> > both just look at /dev/psaux with the PS/2 protocol.
> >
> ms3 won't work as a repeater for sure, as it is not implemented in gpm
> yet (at least in the potato version).
> i use "gpm -t imps2 -Rraw" (sic!) and it works great. the x-server is
> configured for imps/2, too.

/me bangs his head against the wall!
thank you.  I'm not sure whether I tried this and rebooting made it work or
I just thought I did (I'm guessing the latter) but you prompted me to try
it again and it's working great now.  Thanks!

To the two people with similar problems:

Make sure your mouse device in /etc/X11/XF86Config is set to /dev/gpmdata
use the proper protocol for your mouse in both gpm and XF86Config
and set the gpm repeater to 'raw'.

Thanks again!

-Dan

--
"Beware he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart
he dreams himself your master."