Linux nfs problems

I am perplexed by this nfs problem that I am experiencing.
I have a large network full of all different kinds of nfs clients.
The NFS server is running Tru64 UNIX. All the nfs clients that are UNIX and
FreeBSD have no problems writing to the nfs mounted directory.
BUT........the linux clients get terrible throughput about 1meg/sec.
Any thoughts on this?
All The nfs clients are mounting like this:
spe253:/house	/house	nfs	rw,soft,intr,bg,rsize=8192,wsize=8192	0 0

-----Mike