Re: install problem; modules

Hi,

On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 09:16:25AM -0400, David Wilson wrote:
> I am attempting to install potato and get the following error when setting up the modules to install in the kernel:
>
>            modprobe: Can't open /target/etc/modules.conf
<snip>

I had the same problem a couple of days ago.  On May 4, Santiago Vila
Doncel <sanvila@unex.es> responded to me (on the list) and said:

Just switch to the second virtual console and do:
touch /target/etc/modules.conf

This worked (for me).  This seems to be a known bug which will be
corrected in the next incarnation of the boot-floppies.

HTH.
--
David Karlin
dkarlin@coloradomtn.edu