Re: OT: Repair a harddisk partition

> 	I have an old computer that has 800MB windoze partition and
> 	400 MB linux partition. While my sister was using windows today,
> 	it crashed and damaged the partition information.

boot into the rescue linux system.
run "cfdisk -z". if you exactly know your old partitioning, then simply
reproduce it.
if not, then make the whole disk one big partition (type fat16 or
fat32/win95 [possibly lba]). this should give you access tho the windoze data.
if you have lilo installed in the mbr, then re-run it (if you were able to
recover the linux partition). if not, then you would probably have to run
"fdisk /mbr" after booting into dos.
if you´re unlucky, then more than only the partition table has
been destroyed ...

good luck!

Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.