Re: (alsa) snd: card is out of range (0-0)

On 2000-05-04 22:03:03, Richard Black wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've been trying to get my sound card going with alsa.  It is a SB32
> (pro) and is said to be supported.  I'm using 2.2.14.
>
> Everythsnd: card is out of range (0-0)ing looks good at the compiling
> and configuration stages, but when I reboot I get
>
> isapnp: Card 'Creative SB32 PnP'
> isapnp: 1 Plug & Play card detected total
> snd: card is out of range (0-0)
> snd: Sound Blaster 16 soundcard #1 not found at 0x220 or device busy
>
> I'm using the same settings that I use with windoze for the IRQ etc.
>
> Any ideas?  Help would be most welcome!

I *think* the first message (out of range) is a bug.  The message did
not seem to have any consequences on my box, but removed the snd_limit
from the `options snd ...' section to get rid of the message.

You did not include information on how you loaded the sound module, so
can't help you with your second issue.

These were the options that I used for my AWE64 card, it might come
handy for you (btw, I compiled alsa with isapnp support):

options snd snd_cards_limit=1 snd_device_mode=0660 snd_device_gid=29

# alsa
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-sbawe
#alias snd-card-0 snd-card-sb16
# alias snd-card-1 off
# alias snd-card-2 off
# alias snd-card-3 off

# oss/free
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
# alias sound-slot-1 off
# alias sound-slot-2 off
# alias sound-slot-3 off

alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

options snd-card-sbawe snd_index=0 snd_id="AWE64" snd_mic_agc=0

/Allan
--
Allan Wind			email: wind@freewwweb.com
P.O. Box 2022			finger: wind@digit-safe.dyndns.org (GPG/PGP)