Re: New kernel (2.2.15), now keyboard/machine freezes often

On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 05:38:17PM +0930, Mark Phillips wrote:
> > I've just compiled and installed a new kernel (version 2.2.15) on a
> > friend's Toshiba laptop.  He has emailed me today complaining about
> > keyboard freezes.  Actually, I'm not sure from his comments, whether
> > it is just the keyboard that freezes or the whole computer.

It happens also on my Toshiba Sattelite. With (the precompiled) Kernel
from RedHat 6.1(de)i 2.2.12 and my selfcompiled 2.2.14.
Both with APM.

[...]
> The freeze happens often after booting.  One time it worked for a
> while, but then froze when changing consoles.

I think it happens during init 3.

> I am guessing it is either
[...]

I will test this Ideas.

Christian
--
>I don't, as a rule, run 3rd  party security software that I didn't compile,
That's a good attitude. And the first security software you should compile
is a compiler because you do not want any backdoors in your programs - do
you ?                    [From: Renaud Deraison <deraison@cvs.nessus.org>]