Re: latex and xemacs

>I use latex and xemacs like editor. On my previous installation, xemacs
>recognizes automatiquely the tex file (yet latex appears in the tools
>bar) and for example Control CC automatiquelly compile.
> I don't know how to configur xemacs to obtain this result. May i
>install emacs also? is any anybody can send me his .xemacs ?

>thank you

>Hervé

I installed the auctex package which also works with XEmacs (I don´t
have Emacs
in my system). The following is part of the code I have in my ~/.emacs:

;; Try to initialize AUC-TeX mode
(cond ((not (eq (locate-library "tex-site") nil))
       ; Tackle the problem that AUC TeX will produce error-messages if
the
       ; function `set-text-properties' is defined.
       (fset 'set-text-properties (symbol-function 'ignore))
       (require 'tex-site)))

;; autoload style files
(setq TeX-auto-save t)
(setq TeX-parse-self t)

;; The documentstyle command is usually near the beginning.
(setq-default TeX-auto-parse-length 200)
(setq LaTeX-default-options "letter,12pt,twoside")
(setq-default TeX-master t)

;; Try to install a toolbar for AUC-TeX
(cond ((not (eq (locate-library "tex-toolbar") nil))
       (load-library "tex-toolbar")))

And I couldn´t live without RefTeX so I added also

;; Make RefTeX active in LaTeX mode and AUCTeX
(setq reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t
      reftex-cite-format (quote natbib)
      reftex-insert-label-flags (quote (t nil))
      reftex-toc-follow-mode t
      reftex-save-parse-info t
      reftex-enable-partial-scans t
      reftex-label-menu-flags (quote (t t t t t t t t))
      reftex-guess-label-type t)
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-reftex)
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)

Ça marche pour moi. J'espere ça va vous aide!

--
Pedro