Re: giving access

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 11:20:44AM -0700, Joseph de los Santos wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   How do I give permission to a non-user account to use the modem (thru pon
> isp) and other hardware devices? (e.g. printer, etc)

For dialing out to isp, I think most folks (including myself) add users
to the "dip" group.  If you are using the modem for other than a ppp
connection, put the users in the "dialout" group.

Most users don't need to talk to the printer directly.  Once you set up
a print spool handler like magicfilter or apsfilter, they submit jobs to
the printer.  I saw a current thread on these.

Hope that helps.

--

Thank you,
Joe Bouchard