Re: which sound configuration utility?

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 Alex Kwan wrote:

> 1) I am looking for a sound configuration utility
> (like sndconfig on Red Hat), which is it?

i don't know wether debian has such a tool, but, perhaps you are
interested in the ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) driver
(http://www.alsa-project.org). there's a tool called 'alsaconf', which
offers auto-detection of sound cards. then it's able to write the
correct lines to /etc/modules.conf.

btw: ALSA is nice and easy to install, so you don't really need such a
tool. ;)
but, first check wether your sound card is supported...

> 2) can I use the sndconfig of Red Hat on potato?

i don't know what this sndconfig does.

	-moritz
--
#####    Moritz Schulte  - <moritz@hp9001.fh-bielefeld.de>     #####
#####               Registered LINUX-User #13308               #####