Re: Potato and DLink NIC

At 11:58 AM 4/25/00 -0500, Brooks R. Robinson wrote:
Greetings,
        I tried to do a fresh install of Potato from a CD I burned from
ftp://ftp.kando.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/  which is "a test
version of the Potato i386 Net-Install CDROM, which features just enough to
get you on the 'net, from which you can download the rest (automatically).
This is a bootable CD with kernel, drivers and the base system."
I booted from the CD-ROM just fine, and installation was going great until
mode with io=0x240 and irq=10.  These setting work fine for the Dual boot of
Win95.  On my slink installs I have used the NE2000 driver (which it what
their website suggests) with no problems.  When adding the ne driver for the
potato install, it would fail installation.  I tried resetting the NIC to
other settings and restarting the process, but it never worked.
        HELP, HELP, HELP!  What do I do?

Thanks,

Brooks

I put