Re: Is a cryptic password always necessary?

In article <[🔎] 39063C9B.EBCFBF22@seanet.com> you wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a home machine which I'm not too worried about security wise.  If
> I don't go on-line as root, is a difficult to type and remember password
> really necessary?

I think the time isn't that far away when everyone who wants to be
online fulltime will be, like cablemodem and dsl users are now.  So
it wouldn't be a bad idea to get used to decent passwords.  That's
only part of the story though of course.

An easy trick for making a password that's hard to guess but easy
to remember is to use the first letter of each word in the first
line of a song you know well.  Maybe add your favorite number at
the end or start.  Course if you're a burnt-out 60's druggie then
it's pretty easy to guess that the song is Stairway to Heaven :)