Re: books on PHP, Perl, HTML, etc

Dennis Gearon said:

>Any  recommendations on books for the above subjects? I -do- know where
>to buy them through, though. http://www.addall.com/  will find the
>cheapest books on the web.

Perl:

(O'reilly books)

Learning Perl
Programming Perl
Perl Cookbook

(in that order; read them all. if you have programming experience, skip Learning Perl)

PHP:

(Wrox book)

Professional PHP Programming

HTML:

I'm not sure if HTML should fall in the same category (never mind that it's not a programming language; it has no form of iteration). HTML is going to be a prerequisite for learning PHP, probably (unless you want to do system programming with PHP -- but why? :-)).

You can pick HTML up from looking at source pretty easily. I wouldn't try to learn HTML from http://www.w3.org/, but the W3 validator is almost certainly what you will want to use to check your HTML for errors. Don't fall into the trap that a lot of authors fall into.

Brian