Re: books on PHP, Perl, HTML, etc

Tuesday, April 25, 2000, 2:33:44 PM, Dennis wrote:
> Any  recommendations on books for the above subjects? I -do- know where
> to buy them through, though. http://www.addall.com/  will find the
> cheapest books on the web.

    O'Reilly, O'Reilly, O'Reilly.  They are the best reference books for those
subjects, hands down.  I've found my copies of Programming Perl indispensable.
I've perused through Advanced Perl Programming and Mastering Algorithms with
Perl but haven't had much need for them.  I have my hands on an older edition
of HTML: The Definitive Guide and it has proven quite useful.  So much so that
I've got an order in for a copy of the recent edition at work and am thinking
of a copy for home as well.  Perl in a Nutshell is another good Perl reference
book.  Based on my experience with those I've also decided to blind order
Javascript: The Definitive Guide for work and their PHP reference for home for
when I do start dabbling in PHP.