HELP: Linux die with cann't get free page message

Hi all
Today at morning, when I come to my Linux (Debian stable) machine
it was dead. All the screen was fill up with "cann't get free page" messages
(May be something like that).
I doesn't react on anything.
So I had to hard reset mashine. Now it's running on as usual.

But I can't understand what had happened. I look through all log files
and didn't find any problems. All last messages (before messages coming with
morning startup)
were before 4am and consits of ordinary information.

Can anybody guess what can all that be ?
And how to prevent such things in future ?

TIA Alex