Re: SVGA Text Mode & ATI Charger video card

John> Hello, Has anyone been successful at configuring an ATI Charger
John> video card to use SVGA text mode?  I can get it to work at a
John> generic "VGA", but only at 80x25.  I have tried ATI mach64, but
John> It doesn't recognize the card as being that.  The resolution I
John> want is 132 columns by 40 rows.

which debian/which kernel?

If you use potato with its default installation kernel, chances are
you're in "framebuffer" mode - basically text mode is faked by drawing
glyphs in graphics mode.  (Does it display the penguin logo when it
boots?)

To get my favorite text mode resolution I had to recompile my own
kernel for potato.

--
Ian Zimmerman
Lightbinders, Inc.