dhcpcd and/or dhclient and NYC road runner

Hi--

I've found a number of people mention this problem in the archives, but no answers listed. I'm running kernel 2.2.14 and the most recent package of dhcpcd (0.70-karn) and I get this error back all the time:

ioctl SIOCSIFBRDADDR (ifConfig): Cannot assign requested address

on a /usr/sbin/dhcpcd -d
All the other computers (mac and win2k) can get their ips just fine, and if i set the ip manually on this box, it works fine. It had 2 ethernet cards, but I removed one after hearing that dhcpcd doesn't work well with two cards. This box worked great on the t1. Everything else is pretty standard. Please email me directly, as I'm not on the list. Thanks!