eth0 and ppp0

Hi all,

To start off I have a local network at home with 2 computers (one win98
and the other of cource Debian)... I also have a dial-up set up for the
Debian box.  Both are configured correctly if used seperately.

Is there a way to run both interfaces (eth0 and ppp0) at the same time
without using IP-Masq? (I am only interested in using the linux box and
not worried about letting the win98 connect through the linux box hence
IP-Masq).  Currently I can't seem to do this... the local network works
untill I use wvdial to connect to the internet and then both interfaces
stop working.  The only way I can do things now is to kill the second
interface (meaning if I want to connect to the internet I use ppp0 and
kill eth0).

I was under the assumption that if I do some creative routing I can do
this... is this a correct assumption or do I have to set up IP-Masq.

Thanks
:P

=====