Re: <perl>do "file" -- still does NOTHING

appreciate the tip. i hadn't known that.

still NO EFFECT, though. is there some directive i have
to enable or disable to get this to work?

Matt Carothers wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, w trillich wrote:
>
> > the entire listing for startup.pl is:

	# BEGIN { use Apache(); }  # <--tried this
	BEGIN { use Apache; }      # <--tried this, too

> >       package Apache::ReadConfig;
> >
> >       Apache->httpd_conf("Clavis");
> >       Apache->httpd_conf("</Frammistat>");
> >       Apache->httpd_conf("<Chibblewink> 1/2%3'*");
> >       Apache->httpd_conf("isn't this wonderful?");
>
> You need to use() the Apache module in order to access its methods.  Add
> this to the top of your startup.pl:
>
> BEGIN
> {
>         use Apache();
> }
>
> - Matt

when i accumulate the $conf string so i can pass it to
Apache->httpd_conf($conf) and also print it out for debugging,
it gets printed TWICE when i do
	apachectl graceful
that is, it prints all the config strings after passing them to
Apache->httpd_conf(), then it displays my shell prompt, and then
it displays all the config strings AGAIN. seems odd.

is there any significance to that?