Re: mounting a NTFS partition at boot time

I'm running Mandrake 7.0 (will switch to Debian when potato goes
final) so kernel was obviously compiled different and YMMV, but at the
end of this mail is the NTFS section from my manpage.  I've no NTFS
partitions at the moment (here at home) so I can't test anything.

In work (Mandrake 6.1), this is my NTFS entry (which works fine):
/dev/hda1         /mnt/winnt      ntfs    user,exec,ro    0 0

You could also perhaps use the -s argument (sloppy mount). i.e. Ignore
unrecognised options rather than failing.

hth,
Alan.

Mount options for ntfs
       iocharset=name
              Character set to use  when  returning  file  names.
              Unlike  VFAT,  NTFS  suppresses  names that contain
              unconvertible characters.

       utf8   Use UTF-8 for converting file names.

       uni_xlate=[0|1|2]
              For 0 (or `no'  or  `false')  or  1  (or  `yes'  or
              `true'): use the VFAT-style encoding for file names
              outside the current character set.  A  value  of  2
              will disable the encoding with ":".

       posix=[0|1]
              If enabled (posix=1), the file system distinguishes
              between upper and lower case. The 8.3  alias  names
              pressed.

       uid=value, gid=value and umask=value
              Set the file  permission  on  the  filesystem.   By
              default,  the files are owned by root and not read
              are  presented  as hard links instead of being sup
              pressed.

       uid=value, gid=value and umask=value
              Set the file  permission  on  the  filesystem.   By
              able by somebody else.