Re: PowerMac support

On Sun, Apr 23, 2000 at 12:34:05AM -0500, Bob Kuo wrote:
> Dear PowerMac users,
>     I looked over the support page for PowerMacintoshes, but i have not found
> all of the information I require. Do you support PowerMacs 8100s? I saw that
> almost all of the other PowerMacintoshes were supported, but 8100s were not
> listed as one of the supported one.

The [6,7,8]100 series powermacs are not supported by linux, they are
NuBus based machines, Linux only supports PCI based Powermacs.  if you
want a challenge i have been told it is possible to use Debian
userland with the Mklinux kernel (a bastardization of the Linux kernel
onto the Mach kernel, it was done by apple and then abandoned, its
being somewhat supported by volunteers at this point)

btw, the debian-powerpc list has more people familier with the powerpc
archetecture then this one, you will probably get more answers posting there.