Re: potato growing pains

On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 10:00:11AM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> The installation went smoothly except for 1 glitch - I was unable to
> create a boot floppy.  When I got to that stage it formatted the blank
> floppy I provided (and it seemed to use a "superformat"), then bailed
> out.  When I switched to console 2 where the log messages go during
> installation, I saw a gripe about invalid argument to umount.  Have
> you seen that?  (Yes I tried another floppy, same result).

The boot floppy complaint is frequently made.  I've encoutered it
myself.  Not sure what the problem is.  You might just ignore it and try
to build one with the mkboot command later.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>           http:/www.netcom.com/~kmself
    http://gestalt-system.sourceforge.net/